Mobile medical alert systems are a fairly new technology. Although medical alert systems have been around since the late 1970’s they were not mobile. Until recently medical alert systems were a home based product tied to a telephone line connection with a base station and medical pendant. The technology was great, it saved thousands of lives and allowed seniors the opportunity to stay in their homes and live an independent lifestyle. There was only one major drawback, when you left your home you no longer had the peace of mind knowing emergency help was a button click away.
Flash forward to today. With the inception of cellular and GPS technology medical alert systems now have mobile capabilities. Mobile medical alert systems have all of the same features as the older traditional medical alert systems while allowing seniors the ability to go anywhere and do anything they wish without sacrificing their safety and peace of mind.
KEY FEATURES TO LOOK FOR IN A MOBILE MEDICAL ALERT
- The capability to locate the Mobile Medical Alert System and know where it is in real time.
- The ability to set GEO fences and receive notifications via email or SMS message when the alert exits or enters those areas.
- Bread crumbling features- view a trail of where the device has been on an online map. This is an excellent feature for seniors with wandering issues.
- UL Listed- UL listing is a must when choosing a mobile medical alert. This insures the device meets all of the needed safety standards.
- Long life battery- Choosing a mobile medical device with a long battery life is very important. The last thing you want is for your mobile medical alert’s battery to run down while you are out and away from home.
- Water proof- It is vital that your mobile medical alert is completely water proof. This will insure the device continues to work if exposed to moisture.
- State of the art rapid response UL Listed monitoring center- UL Listing provides you with the peace of mind that the monitoring center that will be handling your emergency call meets the necessary standards to insure help is on the way when you need it most.
As you know by now mobile medical alerts offer a huge advantage over conventional medical alert systems. I hope you have found this article helpful and can use the information to make an educated decision in purchasing your medical alert system.